Make a Healthy CBD Cocktail
Hemp Bombs’ CBD Syrup is a healthful option for consumers that need help sleeping, curbing anxiety, and feeling more relaxed. As you can see in the CBD Syrup video, the syrup can be taken by itself or as a mixer with other products, many times being combined with Sprite in what’s called “CBD Lean.” With well-sourced CBD and all-natural ingredients, Hemp Bombs’ syrup is definitely a health upgrade to the traditional “Lean.” In this blog post, however, we explore five different drink additives that can make your CBD Syrup cocktail even healthier.
5 Ingredients to Make Your CBD Syrup Cocktail Healthier
As if your drink wasn’t “Hempy” enough as it is. Adding Hemp Seeds to your CBD cocktail will give your drink a nutty base that is rich in essential fatty acids, including Omega-6 and Omega-3. Hemp Seeds are also a great source of protein, with more than a quarter of total calories coming from protein. Hemp Seeds also contain a multitude of minerals and are a great source of Vitamin E.
Aside from the fact that Flaxseed might help reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes, it’s also high in “good” fats like Omega-3. Flaxseed also has an abundance of “Lignans,” organic plant chemicals that have antioxidant qualities.
Flaxseed also has soluble and insoluble types of fiber, which helps to control bowel health, keep cholesterol levels low, and manage blood sugar levels.
A “superfood,” adding avocado to your CBD cocktail is a nutrition boost. Among avocado’s many nutrients are:
- Vitamin K – Helps blood clotting and prevents excessive bleeding
- Vitamin C – repairs and regenerates tissues, prevents heart disease, and aids iron absorption
- Potassium – Decreases the risk of stroke and lowers blood pressure
- Vitamin B5 – asthma relief, prevents hair loss, and staves off anxiety
- Vitamin B6 – helps in the production of mood-lifting neurochemicals
- Vitamin E – balances cholesterol, fights free radicals, and repairs damaged skin
As well as its rich source of vitamins, avocado is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants.
Oats are another well-known health food and are full of:
- Manganese – helps form connective tissue, bones, and sex hormones
- Phosphorous – good for detoxification, metabolism, and energy levels
- Magnesium – increases energy, calms nerves and anxiety
- Copper – helps form collagen and absorb iron
- Iron – crucial for red blood cell production
- Zinc – hormone production, immunity, and anti-inflammatory
- Vitamin B1 – maintains nervous system health and improves cardiovascular function
Oats are also known to be a source of antioxidants, fiber, and protein.
For the chocolate lover, cocoa powder is an additive that not only tastes great can help ward off depression, heart disease, and cholesterol, among other things.
Cocoa contains phenylethylamine and serotonin, neurotransmitters that help to elevate mood and fend off depression. Cocoa may also act like endorphins, your body’s natural chemicals that produce the enjoyment of laughter, exercise, and sex.
Last, Cocoa also has antioxidant effects as a result of the Flavonoids, which are a part of a well-known group of antioxidants called Polyphenols. As a reminder, antioxidants help prevent cancer, heart disease, and aging.
You probably wouldn’t be reading this article unless you were already clued into the benefits of CBD. CBD Syrup packs all the benefits of CBD – better sleep, lower anxiety, relaxation – but can be enhanced with other vitamin-rich drink additives like oats or avocado. The next time you consider taking CBD Syrup, try a few of these other ingredients to give your cocktail a health kick.